Full Stack Web Developer
Zenman is hiring a Full Stack Web Developer with Leadership experience
Zenman Karma Stream ::
Zenman is an award-winning, interactive marketing agency in Denver’s Lincoln Park neighborhood. We shine a spotlight on our clients to tell their unique story and grow their businesses. We are unapologetically driven by process and live and breathe quantitative creativity because we believe that websites can be beautiful and useful.
Are your our next Zenman-er?
- You’ve worked a minimum of 4-6 years in the industry and loved every minute.
- You teach and inspire junior team members: you don’t hog all your awesome dev knowledge for yourself.
- Custom-coding WordPress themes from the ground up is your scene.
- You know LAMP from the L all the way through the P—especially the P.
- You can get the front and back ends of an eCommerce website to play nice.
- Your tricked-out responsive websites boast CSS and HTML that would make the W3C proud.
- You’re no stranger to Photoshop, but you don’t tout ‘Designer’ on your resume.
- You agree with this statement: a solid process should lead to consistently high-quality results without hampering creative freedom.
- SASS, Gulp, Git, Bash: these words have meaning to you.
- You’re conformable with the Agile methodology.
What You’d be Doing
— Developing new websites and maintaining existing sites we’ve built.
— Working with a variety of eCommerce platforms, likely to include woocommerce and Shopify.
— Browser testing. We don’t test IE9 or lower. You’re welcome.
— Communicating technical information to and asking questions of clients in a language they can understand.
— Working closely with designers, copywriters, project managers, and others to produce highly collaborative results.
Zenman Cultur-ama ::
Culture is more than just Free-Lunch Fridays, but that’s a good starting place. We also have an imaginary developer named Giovanni. We’ve got some sports freaks and some gamer geeks. Some are into graphic novels, others play in local bands. And office dogs are our constant companions.
But here’s where it gets good:
- Core Hours: To reduce the “real quick question” interruption habit, and promote flow state, we reserve certain hours when developers go deep, designers design, and PMs play Tetris with Google Calendar.
- Level 10 Meetings: Same time. Same agenda. Every week. No kidding. Plus a daily standup at 8am sharp.
- Accountability Chart: For knowing who’s in charge of what and directing communication accordingly. This prevents unnecessary CCing. (Just…don’t.)
- Own vs. Rent: If your life is for rent, you don’t learn to buy. Or buy-in. Zenman people don’t just rent office space. They commit.
- Retrospectives: Every two weeks. Are you a happy face, a squiggly mouth or a sad face? Why? Zenman’s health depends on hearing what you have to say.
Zenman Bennies (that’s benefits, not benedicts, you brunch-goers)
— Insurance, benefits and all the works: medical, dental, vision
— Unlimited Vacation Policy
— Free lunch every Friday. (ParkBurger, Osteria Marco, Lou’s)
— You get your birthday off.
— Trainings (attend or present)
Zenman Story ::
When Keith Roberts started Zenman back in 1998, right after the dot-com bubble burst, it was just him, his Buddhist books, and a few skateboards. Armed with a dreamy but less-than-practical degree in undersea photography, Keith was determined to have creativity pay the bills. And it wasn’t long before they did. Across nearly two decades, Keith long ago surpassed his 10,000 hours as a designer, and helps Zenman stay true to its principle of perpetual karma, aligning right thought, right speech and right action in every project. Plus, Keith is a child of the 80s, so nothing ever gets too serious. He’s seen Ferris Bueller’s Day Off at least 400 times, is a record-breaking pinball machine champion, and likes to put together Lego sets in his office. Zenman is a reflection of Keith’s vision and values. We do great work and have fun doing it.