At Zenman, we pride ourselves on being experts in the services we offer. In order to be consistently informed about the industry, our team stays updated by reading blogs, watching movies, taking online courses, and much more. Being part of the constantly changing tech industry, we have to stay current. Everyone at Zenman has their own way of learning and staying in the know. Lucky for you, we put a list together of our favorites. Without further ado, we present The Zenman Resource Cheat Sheet.
- InVision Blog
- This is a great blog to consistently read and stay up to date with. They frequently post lots of relevant content.
- Dribbble is show and tell for designers. You can post, share and comment on designers’ work from around the world. This is a great resource for getting feedback on work you’ve done.
- Behance is the world’s leading online platform for creative industries. It makes is easy to showcase and discover work from many different designers.
- Instagram and Pinterest are also favorites of Zenman designers. Looking at what other designers have created is a great way to learn and understand different design tools. Our design intern, Maile, says she follows designers on Pinterest and pins cool typography posts. In Maile’s words, “People do cool stuff.”
- Documentary: CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap
- Treehouse is great for learning basic development skills. They have a lot of different types of courses you can take to learn about front and back end development.
- Code School
- Code School is good for getting a general overview and start on a new coding language or lib.
- Stack Overflow
- Stack Overflow is a Q&A resource for professional and enthusiast programmers.
- Tips, tricks and techniques on using cascading style sheets.
- Book: Positioning by Al Reis
- Sakas and Company Blog and free tools page
- Many people at Zenman find this blog tremendously helpful. The authors have been around the block a few times and have great posts on any challenges or questions one might have in a digital agency.
- Hubspot Blog and Library
- Hubspot is a primary resource for any agency that specializes in inbound marketing. They provide free online courses, a consistently updated blog and a library. A fair amount of their content is only accessible with an account, but it’s worth it if you are serious about inbound marketing and learning new strategies. Some of the resources included are eBooks, templates and worksheets to webinars and a great marketing thesaurus.
- Sakas and Company Blog on Team Structure and how to Keep Project Management and Strategy Separate
- As mentioned above, Sakas and Company is read by many people at Zenman. Alexia, our incredible project manager, specifically reads up on articles pertaining to her role. The following are two blog posts that have resonated with her especially. They include tips on how to be a successful project manager and how to manage a team and encourage growth.
- GatherContent blog
- GatherContent is the sure-fire way to master content planning, workflow and production. It not only helps you learn, but helps to organize your work and files.
- Content Marketing Institute
- The Content Marketing Institute is a great resource for content strategy in marketing. They provide online education, articles, blogs, in-person events and more.
From our CEO
- Book: What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful by Marshall Goldsmith
- Book: Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman by Yvon Chouinard
Caitlyn Fagan is our amazing Zenman CEO and wants to see this company succeed. She says, “Neither book is industry specific, per se, but both are great for anyone running a company.”
- Denver Business Journal
- Caitlyn reads DBJ in order to see what others are doing in our community. She said she oftentimes finds an article about someone she knows, which reminds her to drop them a note and that may lead to them working together in some way down the road.